Monday, October 26, 2009

Firearms

In Firearms training we have been doing a lot of qualifications and training with movement shooting. I have to say this is so fun. Now I am no means an expert in shooting firearms but I feel like Jefferson County has the best instructors. Last week we had to run up a hill and conduct strikes and kicks on a pad. Basically it is a simulated fight. After the instructor deems you are tired he yells at you to come over. He then proceeds to tell you a scenario. You must then proceed to eliminate threats in the scenario. I have to tell you my mistakes for those of you applying. I rushed through the scenario and missed all my shots. What I learned is you must take a deep breath, take your time and remember your mechanics. When I did this I found that my accuracy went up. It was a great experience and I learned a lot.